Thursday, January 6, 2011

Hump Day FAILURE

Ok, so I have been wanting to make marshmallows FOREVAH but I have never gotten around to it. I am not even a huge fan of marshmallows, but hello, how fun would it be to say, "Oh, I just whipped up some homemade marshmallows this afternoon?" Plus, I know lots of people who go gaga over marshmallows who I would be more than willing to share with!
So, yesterday I set out to make them. And I did. And they seemed to work. Until I tried to get them out of the pan. And they kinda-sorta tasted ok even when I kind of picked away at the sticky mess to at least taste them and try to salvage parts of the Gigundo Sized Marshmallow before tossing it in the trash. Unfortunately, the recipe said, when transferring the marshmallow mixture from the mixing bowl to the pan, spray the spatula with cooking spray so the marshmallowy goodness doesn't stick to the spatula. Well, I did that, but unfortunately I used an olive oil cooking spray and let's just say...eww to the residual taste it left behind.
Because I am a trooper (and because I really want to make homemade marshamallows to give out to friends and family!), I will attempt to make these again, using a different recipe. (I used one off Martha Stewart's site.)
So, until next time, my cocoa will have to go sans marshmallows!

No comments:

Post a Comment