Sunday, February 13, 2011

Spinach Smoothie Sunday







I'm kind of burnt out on the sweets, as in baked good sweets, so today I thought I would try something new and healthy - a spinach smoothie.



I'm sure you can find gobs of recipes on the internet, but I just kind of made mine up as I went along.



I used about 3 cups (loose, not packed) spinach, almond milk, French vanilla yogurt, flax seed, and frozen strawberries and blended it all up into one big glass of green and healthy deliciousness! It didn't at all taste like spincah and totally tasted like strawberry yogurt yumminess. Hooray! I discovered yet another way to incorporate greens into my eating habits!



P.S. A banana is shown in the photos of ingredients I used, however I didn't use a banana because I froze it and gee, what do you know? Frozen bananas can't be peeled. Well, I'm sure they can, but I didn't feel like wasting my time trying to peel it. Anyhow, I don't even like bananas, so no big whoop.

No comments:

Post a Comment